viernes, 4 de abril de 2014

EL GRECO AGAIN

The subject of my latest work is El Greco again. I was challenged to participate in an exhibition about that matter and, of course, I considered it a personal dare.

Most of the other invited artists have made versions after some work by El Greco, but I prefered a different way. The pictures by El Greco make me feel uneasy, they are dark and it seems as if there were not enough air, they are rather claustrophobic.

Here I show my alternative view, I hope you'll enjoy it.



El Greco  / 16 x 24 inches / Acrylic on canvas / 40 x 60 cm /Acrílico sobre lienzo


El tema de mi último trabajo es El Greco, de nuevo. Me desafiaron a participar en una exposición con este tema y, por supuesto, lo consideré un reto personal.

La mayoría de los otros artistas invitados han hecho versiones sobre alguna obra de El Greco, pero yo he preferido seguir un camino diferente. Las pinturas de El Greco me producen mucha inquietud, son oscuras y parece como si faltara el aire, son casi claustrofóbicas.

Aquí muestro mi visión alternativa, espero que les guste.



Detail  /  Detalle

1 comentario: