jueves, 30 de mayo de 2013

Mary Magdalen

Today I want to show my second time consuming project that have been distracting me from the Bird Series. The subject is Mary Magdalen, an important character in the Catholic tradition. I like this subject because I tnink somehow it is a homage to all the suffering women.

I can qualified this 59 x 59 inches acrylic on wooden as both a quick and a hard work. Quick for it takes me only three sessions of proper painting. But hard because of all the previous treatment that a wooden surfface needs. In addition I paint in a seventh floor flat and such a size didn't go into the elevator.




Mary Magdalen / María Magdalena


It's a dark picture too. I haven't used white paint except for the last strokes in the eyes highlights and the tear. 

I wish it to be exhibited in a church. It doesn't up to me, though maybe I will manage. I'll keep you informed.

Hoy voy a mostrar el segundo de los proyectos que me ha estado distrayendo de la serie de los pájaros. El tema es María Magdalena, un personaje importante en la traición Católica. Me gusta este tema porque pienso que de alguna manera es un homenaje a las mujeres que sufren.



Detail  /  Detalle


Puedo calificar este acrílico sobre madera de 150 x 150 cm como un trabajo rápido y duro. Rápido porque sólo me llevó tres sesiones de pintura propiamente dichas. Pero duro por todo el tratamiento previo que un soporte de madera requiere. Además, para colmo, pinto en un septimo piso y no cabe en el ascensor.

Es también una pintura oscura. No he usado pintura blanca, salvo por los últimos toques en el brillo de los ojos y la lágrima.

Me gustaría que fuera expuesto en una iglesia, pero no depende sólo de mi, aunque quizá lo consiga. Os mantendré informados.


1 comentario: